Perhaps, you’ve got set of clothes in the closet, like all seasons are in there, you will just pick one pair, wear, and then good to go. That’s the good thing of having a full set of clothes ready for all season. Now the question is, is it really necessary? How about when you’re having few clothes? How can you maximize them depending on the season? We will talk about it in a while.
Considering that in Philippines, in every second half of the year, that is June to December, is the rainy season. Thus, we should get ready to get drenched by the rain in these months. However, are your clothes ready as well? Maybe you would think “could I be able to maximize my clothes during the season?”, and the answer is “yes”. Yep! that is possible.
Find below the different options you could have to achieve fashion styling even under the heavy rain or the hugs of cold breeze of the season. I won’t list them in numbers, but will have them in bullets in case more ideas are coming:
- Who doesn’t have sweater? Even one in the closet. A sweater could be a pullover or a cardigan. This is a knitted garment that meant to cover our arms and torso from coldness. In my case, I wear hoodie sweater, which somehow also protects me not just from the cold but from getting wet as well when rain pours unexpectedly.
- Long sleeves. I think we must have at least one long sleeves in the closet. It could be made from different types of cloth, the importance of wearing long sleeves is to keep you warm. Business guys often choose to wear long sleeves with collar to keep them look smart and formal.
- Short sleeves and a sleeveless. How about this? Have you tried pairing a short sleeves with a sleeveless? Aside from achieving a one-of-a-kind look, sleeveless and short sleeves on top is a good pair. The idea there is to give an extra-ordinary look while keeping yourself a bit warm.
- The shawl. My favorite piece of apparel. It is a simple piece of clothing mostly use to cover the shoulders, but not only that, you can add it in your day-to-day outfit. Okay then, I am a shawl lover.
- Handkerchief. Level up your styling by maximizing the usage of your hanky. You can cover your neck by converting hanky into neckband. Isn’t that smart? You don’t need a cravat or an ascot to cover your neck from the cold. A wider piece of hanky is enough.
- Obviously, long pants are in for the season. Nothing much to say about long pants, but it really helps a lot to protect the half of your body from the cold and scratches. Office guys are always in their long pants, because they have no choice but to wear them for work sake. Some guys prefer to wear sweatpants or jagger pants. You know jagger pants make you feel a little touch of a rockstar. Pajamas could be alternative for bedtime as well.
- Long socks or knee high socks. This is essential fashion accessory where you can help your feet and legs from cool breeze of the season. Some wear them during bedtime too. They could also protect your legs and knees from scratches in case you’re being careless. Realtalk! Haha
- Don’t forget that caps and umbrellas are under fashion accessories. You can’t walk under the rain without having them, unless you want to get wet faster.
- Rain boots. Splash-proof shoes are perfect to keep your feet dry. Who wants to walk with wet feet inside the wet pair of shoes? That is stinky.
Alright. Regardless of what outfit you’re going to wear, the most important of wearing them is making sure that you always feel comfortable. Start unleashing the fashion sense in you. Good luck and try to keep dry throughout the rainy season.
Images source Pinterest